Friday, July 11, 2008

A Day in Barneyville

I don't have much excitement to share, so I thought I'd show a photo log of a typical day in the life of the Barney children and Mom. It starts with PJ's and TV, of course (some days I actually wake up coherent enough to go straight to breakfast, but usually I need Bunnytown's help in the morning). But don't worry--they watch Noggin and that's "Like Preschool on TV" so really it's a learning experience.


Next we usually do some morning exercises, which I'm not ashamed to say could be to the music of the all inspiring Greek God Yanni.


Then it's time for dress ups:


Or saving Ben's life (which usually happens a few times a day):


The kids love to take the baby for a walk. Of course they both have to push a stroller and I just make sure at least the one pushing Ben doesn't run into anything.


A few times a day the kids pause to refuel. It actually seems like they eat all day long, so I don't know when they have time to tear the house apart, but they seem to be able to accomplish both pretty effectively. On this particular day, Sam wasn't playing with his food, he was organizing his food.

Lastly, we wash the day away and get ready for bed. This is one of my favorite parts of the day.




Then it's books, brushing, and bed! It might seem monotonous, but somehow every day is very different. I have found that motherhood is anything but boring!

5 comments:

Jaeson Roundy said...

How cute. This is Sarah. I've never been able to explain that to people when they ask, "What is your day like?" or the ever so wonderful, "What do you do all day?" You hit on the nose. It might seem like little; it might seem monotonous when I tell you, but somehow ever day is different and fun. No one else would love and teach my kids as well as me. My kids need me and I love being a mom. And now I just wrote a novel on your comment box. Peace out.

Jer said...

Ah, bunny town. What would we do without it?

Tom and Sharlet said...

hey barney bloggers, it's tom and sharlet. it's great to see how big the kids are getting. too bad we live so far away. our blog is thedoxeys.blogspot.com We are even newer to this blog thing than you guys. i think it'll be a great way to keep in touch.

Jaeson Roundy said...

Time for an update.

Unknown said...

Watching Lucy shake her "hips" makes my eyes water from laughing so hard! Keep her away from Aunt Courtney-she doesn't need ANY lessons.