Sunday, June 15, 2008

Family Camping Experiment

I never posted this--whoops!

We stimulated the ecomony by buying a really big tent and then driving to Leo Carillo for one night of beach camping. We packed our van full of s'more ingredients and hoped for the best. It actually turned out well! We had to fight off some very persistent squirrel scavengers (they apparently like GF bread) and played on the beach for awhile even though it was cold. The kids slept great! The best part: after the kids were in bed when Chris and I got to sit by the fire with no distractions, a sky full of stars (rare to see in the city), and time to shoot the breeze. I think we might even do it again next year! The worst part: The 4 hour drive home during which Sam threw up his s'mores. Not pretty...





1 comment:

Eliza Brock said...

throw up in the car, my favorite! My kids love camping though. Glad you had fun.