Monday, June 9, 2008

I love Boats!

My brother-in-law Jason bought a boat last fall and now that I'm not pregnant, I get to reap the full benefits of the purchase. I LOVE BOATING! We got to go out for a short trip to beautiful Lake Perris tonight for FHE (it was kind of a bogus FHE because Chris stayed home with their toddler, Lucy, and Ben since we aren't all legal on the boat). Although we battled some rocky water, there's still nothing like being out on the lake at the end of the day and trying to hold on to that rope until your arms give out. The kids jumped in with me (Gabbi, Luke, and Sam) and they took turns honing their future skiier skills by getting towed in while holding the rope. What great family time and what a great way to enjoy the outdoors even in our urban jungle. Now if I could just find someone to watch the kids at 6am so I can join in on the early morning runs....any takers?

3 comments:

Jaeson Roundy said...

That's so exciting for you! I know you love boating, so yeah. You could get a mutual age girl to spend the night so you can leave that early.

Jaeson Roundy said...

That's from me, Sarah, by the way.

bionicb said...

I am so glad we can enjoy the boat with your family Amber. Thanks for holding down the fort tonight so I could enjoy the night skiing with the boys. It really is the best even when you feel incredibly sore the next day! My turn to watch the kids next monday ok?